Sunday, April 30, 2006

Rugby + Soccer + Beer

Friday: went for cg then headed down to leeyaawn's place to chill. WTH..he's got the whole flat to himself. Anyway...it was quite fun..me,leon,iylia, mukund and darren were jus chilling in leeyaawm's room listening and singing along to songs like, "champagne supernova, "the scientist", "hotel california", "you and me", "blind", yellowcard, ben folds and many many more emo songs. iylia and darren were being arseholes trying to change the lyrics which spoilt most of the songs. hahaha..freaking funny. I'd love to have another session like that soon.

Today was one great day for me! Had a rugby friendly with the sailors and pilots of the USS Abraham Lincoln, its an american aircraft carrier. Damn they were freaking HUGE. ALL of them were twice my size and at least a head taller than me. I was really surprised to see 3 ladies playing in the team. LADIES playing with MEN. OMG. They've seriously got balls...well not literally. One of them played the Hooker, the other as In-Center and last one as a prop!! YES..PROP! OH MY...i really take my hat off them. Its really amazing how much guts they've got to play with men.

Anyway, I played for abt 30 mins during the second half. Didnt get a chance to play during the first cos i was late and the captain was shocked to hear that a scrony guy like me plays as a Second Row. He asked me a couple of questions.

Rick: "Which position do u play?"
Me: "Second row."
Rick: "Ohh..can u run?"
Me: "Well, yeah i can but not as fast as the backs."
Rick: "Hahaha..the forward pack u're abt to face are pretty huge and u dont look like you'll survive in the rugs. I hope u hv heavy bones."
Me: "yeah...i can manage."

YEAH RIGHT! I'm only 67 kg and those bastards out there were at least 80 to 100kg! hahaha.. I'm really really satisfied with my performance today. I have not played rugby for close to a yr, nv trained...except going for runs and working out in the gym, and i managed to survive for 30 mins and make quite a number of tackles. I feel so good. hahaha.. however, there's lots more for me to do, i need to buff up and improve my stamina.

We headed to the club for a nice cold shower after the game followed by a buffet reception and FREE FLOW OF BEER! Hahaha! Chicken curry with egg and potato was what we had. GOOD STUFF. Had a couple of glasses of beer while watching the match between ManU and Chelsea. BLOODY HELL...chelsea won. hell with that. The company i had was great..and so was the beer. =) Stayed on till the match ended...then i headed back home.

Hmmm..alright..i shall go watch some tv while waiting for my sweetheart to msg so that i can call her. Didnt manage to talk to her yesterday..sigh...i miss her so so much. =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home