Tuesday, April 04, 2006

13 weeks of attachment

I'm into the 2nd week of my outlet attachment. The 1st week was really really tiring. I had to wake up at 530 to 6 EVERY MORNING last week. Wth..i hv problems waking up at 7 or 8. hahaha.. Anyway...i was only late ONCE last week. *phew* Let me give u guys a rough idea of how my 13 weeks attachment is like. I have to do different shifts on alternate weeks..so since i was in the morning shift last week..i'll be in the afternoon shift the following week and its the same for the rest of the weeks. Working hours for the morning shift is from 715am to 330pm and the afternoon shift starts from 245pm to 11pm.

Trying to wake up at 530 in the morning last week was a REAL challenge, but thanks to roz for making it easier with those "wake up msges" :) . Working in the morning shift was a struggle for me cos i was always sleepy. Oh and btw...WE DONT GET PAID. The thought of it sucks big time...there is hardly any motivation for me to work besides learning. There was really nothing much to do in the morning besides waiting for time to jus pass..and i swear it felt like forever. Whenever i was bored..i would either, stare at the traffic light across the road and count how long it would take for the traffic like to turn green and vice versa, how many times the green man on the traffic light would blink before it turns red, stare out into no where and think of that special someone, smile to myself like a mofo and send a couple of msges, chat around with my friends and pray that God will just do something to the clock. There were hardly any customers in the mid afternoon..the crowd would only start coming at about 1 plus or 2. Oh yes...i hate my SFT (special field trainer). She's got the face of darth sith...and she's so so freaking bossy. She's always commanding and ordering us around and she hardly says "please" or "thanks". She tries to speak really fluently during debriefs but she cant..gosh..the moment she opens her mouth, it just turns me off. Instuctions she gives are not clear and she always pretends not to hear u calling her. BITCH!

Today's my first day doing the afternoon shift. I was the bartender and wine waiter. Time flies pretty fast during this shift..i guess its because its busier and theres more for us to do, but there were times i was bored too. There were so many mocktails i had to make today because there were so many orders. During dinner, an old caucasian couple ordered a bottle of white wine to go along with their meal and i had to open it infront of them. Initially, i was quite nervous because i was so afraid that i would break the cock...i mean the wine cock. hurr. I was struggling a lil while opening the wine however it went well, it didnt break. :) Well after pouring the wine into their glasses, i left them alone to enjoy their appettizer and their wine and decided to ask them whether they liked the wine after that. Boy they loved the wine. Guess what? i managed to strike a conversation with them. I began by asking them which country their from and how long have they been staying here and stuff. They are from australia, brisbane and they've been here for a week! Oh my...i swear they are very friendly and nice. I was standing infront of their table and they were telling me about how they love the weather in Singapore. My gosh...they love the heat and humidity here. They feel that Hong Kong was too cold for them..thats why they decided to fly over here. At first, they sailed from Brisbane to Hong Kong and then flew here. They were also telling me about how beautiful Yarra Valley Wineyard is, which is in victoria, australia, and thats where their daughter held her wedding. How awesome is that?! =) I think i was talking to them for about 5 mins after their main course. They are really nice old folks. After they left, my friend, who read the comment card which they filled up, told me that i made their stay a very memorable one. All Glory to God. You have no idea how satisfied and happy i was when i heard that. How i wish to be able to meet and interact with guests like them everyday during my attachment. It would be much more interesting.

Daamn...i cant wait for 13 weeks to be over. Then it'll be JUNE!! I hope i'll be doing the morning shift on the last week of attachment so that i can spend time with roz when she's back. I'm so so excited!! =)))

SHIT!!!! I jus realised that i totally forgot about april fool's day! Now i've gotta wait for a yr. -_-

Hmmm...i feel like having ice cream..BEN AND JERRY'S!!!! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home