Thursday, September 07, 2006

busted my knee

ok i had a game (LIKE FINALLY) against the a group of british sailors from the HMS Westminster. Only 17 players from SCC turned up...so everyone had a chance to play. I was positioned as a winger...yes a WINGER. Omg..i've never actually played in any of the positions in the three quarts...i'm usually a flanker in the forward pack. I'm pretty small for a forward therefore i decided to have a go as a winger. It was fun playing as a winger..in fact i was really surprised when being told that i did a pretty good job despite the fact that it was my first time playing that position. I didnt think i played well cos i had 3 golden opportunities to score a try and i cant believe i didnt seize that moment! First, i had a choice whether to rip the ball of my opponent or tackle him..and i didnt tackle him. He dropped the ball and my team mate saw the window to score. Second chance, i managed to side step a few players and I was THIS CLOSE to the try line..but i was brought down. ARRRGHHH!!! SO fustrating. Before my third encounter, i injured my knee..it almost felt as though my legs were gonna break like a stick. Its so fucking painful. I thought i still could run but i couldnt...i aggreviated it further when i tried making a side step. I really hope its just a sprain..not a torn ligament. I can now only walk straight..well more like limb.

Like my dad told me..i have to bear the consequenses. Fuck i cant believe i dont have insurance. The company my dad works for, which is a family business, only provides insurance to their employees' children till their 18. I'm 19..which means i'm not insured. How bloody stingy can the company get...especially when its a family business and its not like my dad has only worked for them for a few years..he practically worked 3/4 of his life in there. Even if thats the case..i cant fucking believe my dad is not gonna purchase an insurance for me and just leave me dangling without one. WTF. That means if i ever get knocked down i will have to foot my own bills. this is total BOLLOCKS! I cant walk properly and in pain and all my dad could do was give me a bloody lecture...which i so do not need at all..especially when i'm injured!

I do like playing rugby and nothing's gonna stop me from playing it. If i fall, i fall. I'll just have to pick myself up again and be stronger. The Best Is Yet To Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home