Tuesday, August 22, 2006

=((

A week has past since i returned from my short vacation to melbourne...and i still cant help but keep thinking about it. Its definitely by far the most memorable trip besides going to disneyland in the states when i was a kid. This is my first time travelling alone and it went pretty well, i managed to stay within my budget and come back with $50. Supposed to save like a few hundred for the next trip to bangkok with the brotherhood. Hahaha. Oh wells..finances will come soon. Am gonna be involved in the IMF and i'm gonna start working part-time at some wine cellar restaurant soon (thats if i get the job). =) Alright, thats besides the point. Never have i thought that i would travel alone just to attend a formal dinner for a special someone. Its a miracle that i was given the permission to go. Yes of course the expenses had to paid with my own savings. My dad isnt really in a good position to subsidise my trip...least sponsoring it. However my dad was generous enough to provide the air ticket using his Krisflyer miles..which was of great relief! My dad actually said he would be MORE than willing to pay for my whole trip if he had the cash. How cool is my dad huh? Guess he really loves me that much. He's the best and i love him. =D

hmmm..many questioned my decision to go because...i think you guys can figure out why. Yes, i did take deep thoughts and was really contemplating whether i should or should i not go. Sometimes i felt i should..sometimes i shouldnt. It was a big decision and risk i had to take. Based on the situation at that point of time, cons weighed much more than the pros. However i was really surprised that my dad was quite supportive about me going to melb, not till when i told him i had to skip sch. Yeah..but still..he was for me and not against me. Anyway, on the whole, the short trip was awesome! Well...i wont be there for just 5 days with a tight budget the next time i'm there..maybe a week with more cash to spare for shopping? Now that i have friends who have invited me to stay over in the future..i can save on accomodation! Had the opportunity and privilege of meeting some new and old friends studying there. I also had an experience of a lifetime travelling alone. However, the best experience of the trip was the formal dinner. Yea you can say i had one of the best times of my life..besides my graduation night. Because my grad night had only GUYS! But it was good.Haha.

School has been such a drag these days. I hate to see some people in class who are just SO FUCKING FULL about themselves. Bloody arrogant pricks. Generally the class is fine...just a few arses who just cant seem to keep their freaking ego down. I've got 3 projects to complete in abt 2 weeks and exams are around the corner too. Gotta get down to serious studying and maybe stop attending trainings.. =(

Ok i know this isnt new...but i've decided to change the song playing on my blog. The previous one is called "Marching Bands Of Manhattan" by Death Cab For Cutie. This one is "Stars And Boulevards" by Augustana. Enjoy.. =)


"Stars and Boulevards" by Augustana


Wait dear, a white horse is walking down my street here,
your words are creeping at my feet
I fear, sunrise will come to soon and you'll disappear
into the haze of this city and go south...

look out, they're coming after us with big guns,
they're only gonne tell you all the bad things I've done
even if they words they say aren't true they've won,
any I'm left here dying in the sun

oh...seems like I'm always on my own,
seems like I'm never coming home
seems like I'm always on my own...

late nights, won't do me justice
cause when I drink...I just get so damn depressed,
and its not like, I ain't trying to get over you.
it's just hard to look at the seasons, pass me over too...

oh...seems like I'm always on my own,
seems like I'm never coming home
seems like I'm always on my own...
(all the stars and boulevards ain't close enough for you...)

one last phone call from you, it wouldn't hurt much,
just like to hear your voice and pretend to touch,
any inch of you that hasn't said it all or read it all or sung
my life away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home